We've all heard your thoughts on the best single-serving coffee maker out there, but when it comes to perfecting that morning coffee experience, many of us agree that it just wasn't the same without that familiar rumbling of fresh coffee being ground. Luckily, Breville's got an answer for all you espresso addicts looking to add some "burr" to your morning routine...
Breville's site boasts, "Get a great cup of espresso – from bean to brew – in less than a minute." A minute per cup? We could get used to that. In addition, the Breville Programmable Espesso Maker comes with interchangeable filters and a choice of auto or manual operation to ensure the perfect cup is made by beginners and connoisseurs alike.
Other features include:
- Built-in conical sintered-steel burr grinder produces precise grinds (15 settings from fine to coarse).
- Airtight coffee bean hopper preserves freshness and aroma.
- Preset grind dosing dispenses the correct amount of coffee for either single or double shots and can be adjusted to your preferences.
- Integrated tamper with pressure guide.
- A 15-bar Italian-made pressure pump ensures maximum extraction of flavor from the coffee.
- Water filter eliminates impurities for better-tasting coffee.
- 360-degree swivel steam wand with frothing nozzle froths milk for lattes and cappuccinos.
- Two interchangeable sets of forged commercial-style filters: dual-wall filters create consistently perfect crema for beginners; single-wall filters allow more experienced brewers to experiment with grind size, volume and tamp force.
- Extra-large water tank.
- Dry-puck feature removes excess water from grinds after extraction, resulting in an easily removable "puck" for fast cleanup.
- Includes a traditional stainless-steel frothing pitcher, scoop and cleaning kit.
- Built-in storage tray holds accessories when not in use.
The Breville retails for a somewhat hefty price tag of $799. However, you can grab it online for much cheaper, like at William Sonoma who usually has it for $200 less.