Slated for construction in Billund, Denmark for 2016, the LEGO House design unveiled today will give LEGO maniacs the world over (because you're never too old for LEGO) a place to experience their favorite creative toy brand within a structure inspired by the building blocks themselves...
Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen of LEGO describes the future showcase, a visitor's center for all things LEGO:
The LEGO House:
- Will cover an area of 80 by 100 meters and it will be approximately 30 meters tall.
- Will feature a total of 7,600 square meters – including exhibition areas, a café, a LEGO store and a public square.Will be built at the center of the town of Billund, and many entrances will open up the building to the surrounding area.
- Will be built in collaboration between KIRKBI A/S, the LEGO Foundation and the LEGO Group, but the LEGO Group will handle the daily operation of the LEGO House once finished.
And just in case you're now waxing nostalgic about your favorite LEGO memories, the video below shares the origin of our favorite creative toy brand:
Here are a few more of our favorite recent LEGO-inspired posts from our archives:
- DIY Wall Mounted LEGO Storage
- Favorite LEGO Projects + Products
- Pleygo: Netflix for Lego
- LEGO Taxidermy Kits
- Wright's Imperial Hotel is Next in LEGO Architecture Series