I just scavenged two Thonet-style bentwood chairs, literally off of the side of the road, and my mind is racing with possibility! They're up to snuff enough to bring the true wood color back, so they'll have to be painted. I'm not entirely upset about this...especially after spending some time drooling over these brightly painted bentwood chairs!
Thonet Bentwood chairs really do work in a myriad of settings (as Catrin illustrated), and may be the perfect way to add a little slice of color to a room.
- Creative Influences spotted this desk and chair over at Vintage Revivals, painted in a pink and white color block effect. I love the small accent of color at the very top and bottom of the chair!
- Jason Wu, definitely known for his amazing style, pairs some bold red bentwood beauties with a gray dining table and some bold artwork behind. Elle Decor's spread on his design office can be found on Meta Interiors
- Color happens over at Design Happens! They've showcased a revamp of four dining chairs into bold lemon yellow pieces.
- Seen in our very own house tour of Heather's Eclectic Armadale Home is a gorgeous myriad of pastel hued bentwood chairs. I love the mismatched assortment she's got going on!
- Design*Sponge has a great image of four lime green lovelies from a Sneek Peek of Raina Kattleson's home.
- A gift for a friend, apparently, were two painted Thonet chairs. The seafoam and bright pink colors go so nicely together! Via tip-til catre un vis.
- Annechovie points out one of her prints in this post of an image from Ivy and Piper online magazine, but we're also enamored of the teal green bentwood chairs!
- Ogawa Bungo Photograph showcases this image of a long table surrounded by super bold Thonet style chairs. Not for the faint of heart, thir room really embraces color!
- Another Sneek Peek over at Design*Sponge shows us a gorgeous bright pink chair in front of a small writing desk. We love the contrast with the turquoise desk lamp!
- All things beautiful, useful & stylish (that's a mouthful!) took note of this beautifully styled shot of patio furniture from Habitat. I love the lime green bentwood mixed in with other bold colored pieces!