It's probably strange that I live about 30 minutes from the beach, but summer makes me think of more exotic locales like Hawaii, Bali, the Caribbean. A fun way to brighten up your kitchen or summer barbeque is with tropical motif tea towels. There is something so kitschy and festive about them, they'll definitely be a conversation piece.
From Left to Right:
1. Set of 2 Vintage Linen Tea Towels from suzincolo ($12) - I love the bright embroidery on these. They'd look really cute hanging side-by-side.
2. Tropical Fruit and Floral Cotton Towel from vintagetouch ($5) - The graphic border would stand very well on its own, but the fruit and hibiscus definitely add a bit of whimsy.
3. Vintage Linen Dish Towel from junquedujour ($18) - I love nearly anything with a bamboo motif and this is a really wild color combination. It wouldn't go with my kitchen or tea service, but it would work great for a picnic or barbeque.
4. Vintage Linen Map of Antigua from junquedujour ($18) - What says summer more than a sailboat, palm tree and a collection of seashells? There are some flying fish in there for good measure!
5. Vintage Hawaiian Islands Towel from in2vintagecloths ($35) - This one is my favorite (of course it is, it's the most expensive one). I love the block print style and the brown and blue color combination. Plus, I love Hawaii. In fact, it makes me wish I were there right now!
(Images: as linked above)