Unless you've been living under a rock, you know by now that Radiant Orchid, a medium-toned pinky purple, is Pantone's color of the year for 2014. As Janel mentioned the other day when she broke the news, it marries well with grey (the real color of the year in my opinion), as well as creamy whites and metallics. And, may I add, it's a great color for bathrooms and bedrooms, where it reflects off your skin and makes you look amazing (I know, my bathroom used to be this color). While you may not want to go whole hog, accessories are a great way to give it a try and see if this is a color you can live with.
1. Though we'd probably ditch the chevron shade for something a little more subtle (though it'd be great in a kid's room), one or two of these lamps would looks nice almost anywhere in the home.
2. Speaking of kids, I found this Moroccan-tile patterned rug on Land of Nod that's sophisticated enough for a grownup.
3. Oh Jonathan Adler! If anyone was going to a have a knick knack that was as fun as this year's color, it would be him. Use this jar to hold vitamins, pills, change, q-tips, Nespresso capsules, or anything else that would probably looked better tucked out of sight.
4. The throw pillows in my house seem to have legs of their own. Maybe it's just that the particularly comfortable ones are constantly being grabbed. These two look they'd fit into that category.
5. Marimekko knows how to do color right. Use these Makkaralla glasses to show off your favorite bordeaux.
6. Personally, a throw is my favorite way to bring in a bit of color. I'm using mine all winter: tucked around my feet while I write, or over my shoulders while I sit up in bed reading. Toss it over a couch or fold it up on your bed to use at night when it gets particularly chilly. I'm loving this one from Wayfair.
7. Paired with a gray duvet, a knitted gray blanket or a faux fur throw, these sheets from West Elm are not only made of organic cotton, they'lll make you look good too.
(Images: as linked above)