Who says backyards get to have all the fun? All you yard-less people, take heart! You can add a new meaning to that tired magazine phrase: "bringing the outdoors in." Outdoor furniture feels perfectly at home inside too, and invites a bit of whimsy and summery carefree spirit in along with it.
• It's true: cool shoe companies make cool hotels. Ok maybe not all of them, but Camper does, and the proof is in this sweet little getaway, Casa Camper, which they've set up in Barcelona complete with indoor hammocks. Yes please.
• Martina Arfwidson's Hudson home has all the easygoing touches that make up my dream home, including this indoor swing...which my kids would have to fight me for.
• You remember Shauna & Stephen's lively loft, the one with all the makings of a crafty heaven. Among tools, art supplies, and a million creative DIY projects, you'll find this breezy porch swing, in their living room.
• First off, let's just ignore the pumpkins....I've always loved picnic tables, and feel like between the fickle DC weather and the busy-ness of summer nights, we don't get to use ours enough. Here's the year-round alternative. What do you think?
• Sturdy outdoor adirondack chairs make great extra seating indoors too. This set up hails from Stephen and Todd's Fantastic Mr. Farmhouse, with which I have a not-so-secret obsession. It epitomizes laid back living.