We have a white bathroom that we love, but we've been considering ways to add a little bit of color without detracting from the crispness of our blank canvas. When we found this bathroom on the website of British publication Easy Living Magazine, we were struck by how colorful this all-white space became through the addition of just a few key pieces. Dissecting the image, we came up with some easy ways to add color to our own blank bathroom...
Easy Living Magazine
- The key to this bright, graphic look is to keep all accents in the same color family.
- Our favorite detail is the teardrop pattern, created using paint stencils.
- Bathmats and towels in a bold hue add color and texture.
- A small, mossy green cabinet creates extra storage space.
- Plastic stools or chairs are both colorful and waterproof.
- Containers and bottles in the same color appear as a cohesive collection.
- Using the same hue in different patterns (teardrops, stripes, and solids) keeps the bathroom from being boring.
provides a full list of sources
for this bathroom, as well as 4 other jewel-toned rooms to inspire you.
Photo: Easy Living Magazine