Whether you're a traditional homeschooler, or just like to foster the imagination, here is a roundup of brilliant children's projects we've featured in the past on Apartment Therapy. Help stave off boredom this weekend one with these ideas…
1. Chemistry Class: Back to School DIY: Melted Crayons on Canvas - Not only does it look beautiful, but solids turn into liquids before one's eyes when heat is applied.
2. Chem II: Weekend Activity: Make Discovery Eggs - More solids to liquids, if it's warm enough to melt where you are.
3. Aquatic Habitats: Make An Indoor Frog Pond - I keep meaning to do this!
4. Art & Botany: Your Weekend Project: Printmaking - It's particularly fun to gather leaves for this project in the fall, when they're already on the ground and turning such beautiful colors.
5. Home Economics: Easy Scarf Project for You and Your Child - Keep warm! Another that makes sense for fall.
6. Astronomy 101: How to Make a Solar System Art Project Have a little star gazer on your hands? Help them make sense of the skies with this DIY galaxy.
7. Creative Chemistry: Make An Outdoor Science Lab
8. Arithmetic: Teach Math with Fun Height Game. Tangible activities are always a great approach to this difficult subject for many.
9: Intro to Architecture: Fort Building with Straws - Any kind of construction activity is good for kids of all ages. Don't have straw connectors? Make a fort with what's around.
Have fun with the littles this weekend!
(Images credited in original posts)