Every child should have a little bit of magic in his or her life. The kind of magic we're talking about doesn't cost a lot of money or take a ton of work. Whether it's a fairy door or rainbow pancakes, It takes just a bit of creativity and initiative to bestow on them the wonder that they will always remember.
In our house, items "magically" appear in our daughter's dress up bin from time to time and an "m&m fairy" occasionally deposits mini m&ms in a small mailbox from the dollar section at Target. What do you do at your house to make things magical?
Here are some great examples from our archives:
• Add a Fairy Door
• A Birthday Calendar where families leave messages each day in the little pockets.
• The Official Tooth Fairy Kit
• A Princess and the Pea Playroom
• An Indoor Slide and we had a great roundup of indoor slides this month.
• Rainbow Pancakes
• Ice Cream Cone Balloons
• Whether you make them or buy them, birthday crowns are a great tradition.
• Add this miniature garden to your outdoor endeavors this year.
• Make an Under the Table Fabric Playhouse.