This is the time when we start readying holiday cards and postage, becoming particularly picky about which stamps to use with specific cards for specific personalities. Choosing the right stamp for the right card is a must when it comes to stationery. So we were in utter awe when we saw these postage stamps those lucky blokes and birds over the pond will soon be able to use upon their envelopes, printed with the legendary album designs from the likes of New Order, Blur, Bowie, the Stones…uh…and…uh…Coldplay?
The stamp set includes:
- Blur - Parklife
- New Order - Power, Corruption and Lies
- Led Zeppelin - IV
- Primal Scream - Screamadelica
- Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed
- David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
- The Clash - London Calling
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
- Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
The Royal Mail will offer these set of ten 1st class stamps designed by Studio Dempsey to celebrate classic British album covers in 2010. We suspect Anglophiles/Brit pop nerds everywhere will want several sets of these (we know we do). But we wonder why the Beatles nor The Smiths made the cut. And will the United States Postal Service step up and follow suit with an All-American collection? We hope so!
[via Creative Review]