Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Seattle, WA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that my fiance and I created the space together. From tearing down walls, rebuilding the stairs, putting in new doors, placing LED lights under the stairs, picking out reclaimed wood for the closets and floors, painting the walls together... you name it and we did it! (And I had NO experience!)
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I have found that using soft, soothing colors and natural accents help me to relax in our space. The willows and ivy in the corners of the room provide natural warmth to get me through the dark NW winters. We also utilized floor to ceiling storage and have bins underneath the bed to provide ample storage.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- The homemade ottoman in front of our loveseat is used both as extra storage (the lid comes off) and as a stand for watching movies on our laptops. The loveseat provides a great space for reading, working, and relaxing. We like having a work space that is separate from the bed, yet still secluded from the rest of the house.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat