- London Canada
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- Our son Henry Fleetwood's bedroom is what we call the Fleet''woods" in the house. We placed Norfolk pines around the tepee to create a fun, imaginary forest for him to camp out in. His room faces south, so it is flooded with natural light all day long, but dark enough when the curtains are drawn for a cozy nap under the light of his moon.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- We didn't know whether we would be having a baby girl, or boy. So when we were decorating the room we kept the walls white, to create a clean, calm, open space. The artwork on the walls, most of the toys, and the fun little accents around the room are all inspired by nature, most of the items in his room are homemade, handmade, or from flea markets.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- My partner and I love the outdoors, camping, hiking, spending as much time in the woods, surrounded by nature. Little Henry's room has the calm, serene feeling that comes from being in nature. We love to curl up in the tepee and read, or play. Even though it's his bedroom, I think I'll be spending a lot of time in there, until he's old enough to kick me out.
My Bedroom Retreat