I never understood those people that had 'fun' doing math, but if you can relate it to home decor I totally get it. I had so much fun putting together a living room for under $1000 that I decided to do a bedroom as well. Not everyone may see your bedroom, but it's your retreat and shouldn't be forgotten. If you're into the eclectic modern boho look, this room can be all yours for $1,000, with a bit left over to buy yourself some fresh flowers.
Like any kind of budget decorating, online classifieds, thrift shops, DIY projects and hand me downs are always a great way to save some money. But if you're looking to start fresh or are not the DIY type, here's how you can create this look and stay in your budget. Spend the money on the things that are timeless or not as easy to replace (like the furniture) and then accessorize.
1. MINUT Wall Lamp x 2 , IKEA, $19.99 each
2. Mid-Century Modern Nightstand x 2, Target, $199.99 each
3. Flowers Pillow Case by Gouzelka x 2 on Society6, $20 each
4. Black Douvet Cover & Pillow Cases, IKEA, $19.99
5. Metal Bedframe, Bonanza, $71.78
6. STOCKHOLM Stripe Rug, IKEA, $199
7. Dreamfountain Exquis Faux Fur Throw, Wayfair, $19.99
8. South Shore Bilbao 5 Drawer Dresser, Target, $184.99
9. HONEFOSS Mirrors, IKEA, 10 pk/$14.99
TOTAL ROOM COST: $990.70