Do you bypass the clearance and sales sections of online shops worried they're full of leftovers that no one wants? You could be missing some real deals. Here's one example of a collection of nursery staples shopped exclusively from the sales sections. The original price for these items was over $3,400. Here's the final tally after the discounts...
- Natural History Framed Wall Art Bugs, $59.95 (orig. $119) at Land of Nod
- Ombre House Money Box, $23.40 (orig. $39) at Gretel Home
- Design By Conran Coridon Storage Cabinet, $649 (orig. $2,165) at JCPenney
- Delta Children Manhattan 3-in-1 Crib, $199 (orig. $249) at Target
- Crystal Ball Table Lamp in Yellow, $74.95 (orig. $149) at Land of Nod
- Jagges 3'x5' Stripe Rug in Yellow, $111.35 (orig. $223) at Rosenberry Rooms
- Argington Fuji Toy Box in White, $325 (orig. $420) at Mini Jake
- Baby Blanket, $15 (orig. $24.95) at H&M Home
- Caterpillar Large Basket, $49.95 (orig. $64.95) at CB2
- A bargain is only a bargain if you love it. Don't buy something just because it's on clearance, but it can pay off to quickly peruse the sale section first.
- Pay attention to the percentage off rather than just the dollar amount and be wary of sites that don't reveal the original price.
- Find something you love and that you think is a bargain? Do a quick browser search for the product to see what it's listed for on other sites to compare.
(Image credits: Carrie McBride)