When my wife was pregnant I started looking for inspiration for the nursery. I found some nice designs for a cradle, but really fell in love when I found images of a moon shaped cradle. This cradle was made by someone in France and also featured on Apartment Therapy.
I decided to try and make this myself based on the images I could find online.
Skill Level: Moderate
Time Required: Weekend
Project Cost: € 20/ $22
What You Need
- 3 used pallets
- Medium-density fibre board 244x122cm 15mm thick
- Medium-density fibre board 84x44cm 10-15mm thick
- Sanding Paper
- Sanding machine
- Cordless drill
- Jigsaw machine
- Deconstruct the pallets
- Start sanding all the pallet boards
- Cut out the 2 sides of the moon from the big piece of MDF
- Put the 2 sides together with the small part of the MDF and some of the pallet boards
- Cover the sides with the sanded pallet boards
- Cut out the stars
- Construct a wedge so the cradle can't tumble backwards
- Finally you can cover the cradle with a layer of white wash varnish
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.
(Image credits: Submitted by Jochem)