Do you want to add more plant life to your space while scratching your DIY itch? If you're more of a handy-man and less of a green thumb, Ashley's project is a great way to add a personal touch to your indoor garden.
Skill Level: Moderate
Time Required: 3 hours (excludes dry time)
Project Cost: $60
What You Need
- Styrofoam Ball
- 3 Steel Rods
- Fiberglass Kit
- Orbital Sander
- Duct Tape
- Welding Equipment
- Plastic Cling Wrap
- Spray Paint
From Ashley: I've always loved bullet planters and being a DIYer, I felt like I could figure out how to make one. This isn't the easiest tutorial but once you try it... you may just be hooked!
- Gather your supplies.
- Cut and attach styrofoam to planter bottom.
- Prep planter - cover the outside of the planter with plastic wrap.
- Apply fiberglass following box instructions.
- Repeat step 4 and allow time to dry. Sand.
- Apply resin. Allow time to dry.
- Bend steel rods - You can bend them by hand or you can make a jig to bend them.
- Prep rods for welding - This is where you are going to cut and create your shape to hold the planter.
- Weld your base.
- Coat your egg planter with paint.
Enjoy your new planter! For step-by-step pictures of this tutorial, make sure to visit my blog!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.