Today I am having one of those days where I wish I could dismiss the responsibilities of being an adult and just escape into the life of a 10-year-old. A favorite childhood memory is having a slumber party with my friends and building a fort with all the blankets we could find and the only light was that of a flashlight. Who says building forts has to be just a childhood activity? Sometimes we have to remember to relax a bit and have a little fun. Now I am off to see just how many blankets are available to build my own personal retreat.
- Blanket Fort: We Heart It
- Basement Tent: 16 House
- All White Fantasy Retreat: My Shabby Streamside Studio
- Modern Teepee: Varpunen
- Chic Fort: We Heart It
MORE INDOOR & BLANKET FORTS
• Love Shack: Creating a Blanket Fort for Valentine's Day
• Grown-Up Hideouts: A Wild Things Fort-Building Contest!
• Nature vs. Nurture: A Critique of Couch Cushion Architecture
• WikiHow/How to Make a Blanket Fort
• Simple Mom/How to Build A Great Blanket Fort
• Mark Allen/Couch Cushion Forts/Blanket Forts