Form or function? I know I struggle with that question at times. Here are 13 unconventional shelving ideas that marry the logical and creative, for the best of both worlds.
Whether you're handy or prefer to put your credit card to work, here are lots of great examples that you can make yourself, buy or just be inspired by to duplicate in your own space.
- DIY triangle shelves, full tutorial on Whimsy Darling.
- Positive/Negative space corner shelves by Martina Carpelan.
- Geometric 3D modular T-Shelf, available to buy at J1 Studio.
- Triangle shelf, available by The 807 on Etsy.
- A whimsical wall of shelves made to look like blowing paper by YOY.
- A sweet DIY mountain wall shelf, full tutorial on Carnets Parisiens (in French).
- Shelf on a rope. A DIY project found on Kodin (in Finnish).
- Tube shelving found in the Blue Marlin creative space, designed by SOFTlab, featured on zaINTERIORAnet.
- Honeycomb DIY shelving, full tutorial on A Beautiful Mess.
- Unique geometric shelving found in Little Nuffield Cafe, featured on Design Sponge.