There are some gorgeous cabins out there that have thrown away the traditional cabin kitsch aesthetic and embraced a more modern look. They still emanate that warm, inviting, let's snuggle up with a blanket, a book and go roast marshmallows kind of feel but with an updated, dashing flair. Here is a look at some inspirational cabin decorating ideas with styles that range from an all white dream-like fantasy cabin to an ultra modern take on country living.
I've been on more weekend cabin vacations than I can count. I love kitschy cabin interiors full of odd trinkets with mix and match upholstery for a carefree, relaxing weekend getaway, but extend my rural stay any longer than that and my spidey decorating sense starts tingling.
Although I'm a city girl and I don't see myself heading for the hills just yet, I still like to dream about what my perfect rural hideaway would look like. Once I throw in some modern but comfy furniture, a simple color palette, urban fixtures and a chandelier I'm on my way to having that cozy, contemporary cabin of my dreams.
- This very girly, fun cabin bedroom has so much personality with its great color scheme and mix of textures. I just love the hanging lanterns and the silhouette art on the wall.
- This cabin bedroom keeps more on the traditional side incorporating the antlers and earth tones but brings a rustic modern feel with its decor and use of white.
- This one-room log cabin still maintains its warmth and charm by emphasizing the fireplace and wood furniture with the bold all white interior.
- Contemporary furniture and bright colors are an unexpected juxtaposition in this restored cabin.
- This small, sleek and minimal Scandinavian cabin showcases its hard edges and clean lines while emphasizing its breathtaking views.
- In keeping the decor of this Scandinavian cabin natural and light with just a few color accents the space feels open and airy. via My Scandinavian Retreat.
- Sandra Foster's delightful and tiny Victorian cottage in the Catskills.
- The dramatic white chandelier in this cabin-style bedroom brings a lovely and subtle elegance to the space. via Trubliss Chic
- This space uses whites, grays, woods and natural textures to obtain its cozy cabin feel.
- The use of antique white and metal turn this cabin office into a woodsy yet shabby chic work environment.
Images: as linked above