Cafe curtains, hung halfway down a window, are a simple way to create privacy without blocking out light, but it can be difficult to find modern, not-too-frilly versions. One solution is to make your own. We found the best tutorials for cafe curtains at (big surprise) MarthaStewart.com.
Almost all of Martha's projects show you how to make cafe curtains in the simple, classic French bistro style. The best part? Many of these simple sewing how-to's use materials you may already have around the house, like tea towels and handkerchiefs...
• How To Make Cafe Curtains from a Tea Towel
• How to Make Linen Cafe Curtains
• How to Make Cafe Curtains from a Handkerchief
• How to Make a Double Faced Curtain Panel
• Clever Ways to Embellish Curtains
Photo: Southern Colonial House Tour from Martha Stewart