Location: Cary, NC
Before we found out whether we were having a boy or a girl, I had decided to use a grey paint color for the walls of the nursery. I planned on changing up the accent colors depending on the gender. I also knew I didn't want to have a themed nursery. The day we found out we were having a boy I began hunting Etsy and Pinterest looking for cool ideas using orange and blue. Like most parents, we were on a tight budget. We made every attempt we could to make or reuse items. I had received a sewing machine the Christmas before, but had only learned how to thread the needle. I hit up my favorite local fabric store and then began Googling sewing tutorials and learned to sew as I went along. Along with my mom's help I made the black-out curtains, the crib bumper and skirt, and recovered a foot stool I found at an antique sale. We also made an amazing DIY mobile which is one of my favorite parts of the nursery.
My husband and I were both huge fans of Superman when we were little kids. I found this subtle poster online that didn't scream comic book and work with the color scheme I had chosen for the room. Luckily my mom was able to find the Superman cape she made me as a child to add a personal touch.
Hands down this is my favorite room in the house and it makes me happy every time I'm in there (no matter what the hour).
- Paint Color: Benjamin Moore - Stonington Gray
- Light/Chair/Armoire/Hamper: IKEA
- Crib: Walmart
- Stool: Antique sale (recovered)
- Side table: Target
- Curtains/Crib bumper & skirt: DIY
- Blanket: Z Gallerie
- Vinyl Decal: Missy Moo Vinyl
- Posters: Metropolis Poster and ABC Print
- Photographs: Lauren Garrison Photography
- Camel & stroller art: a friend
- MobileL DIY (inspiration from Anything Pretty)
- Initial Hooks/ Dresser knobs - Anthropologie
(Images: reader Ashley)