We're happy to announce that at our first AT:Chicago Design Meetup (coming up on April 3), David Carter, owner of Pegboard Modern and all round mid-c and late 20th century nice guy know-it-all, will be joining us to talk about design from the 40's through 90's, "Antique Roadshow" style.
We thought it would be fun to have you, the AT readers, send us in photos of pieces that you'd like to learn more about...so...if you have a piece of furniture, art or decor from the time period you want the scoop on, take a photo or two (or grab them from online) and send it on in...
...so David can impress us with his knowledge at the Meetup on the pieces we know you'd like to learn more about.
We'll also be posting the photos and David's answers/info online on AT after the Meetup to share with everyone, so feel free to send in questions for David, even if you can't join us on the 4th.
A few examples of the types of questions/photos we're hoping to include:
- A photo of a great coffee table or lamp that you have that you are hoping to hear some background on.
- A photo of a piece that you have seen in photos or online and would like to track down but need to know the designer or maker for further shopping research.
- Photos of pieces that you own that would like to know a fair price for.
- Questions on which designers/pieces are becoming "more" sought after.
- Questions for David on the modern vintage scene in Chicago.
- ...and he is a Tiki expert too, so if you have any more "tropical" items, this is the time to ask away!
And, to sign up to join us at Tree Studios Design Within Reach on Thursday, April 3 (6:30 pm) for the Meetup, click here.
Questions about the Meetup or sending in questions for David? Ask away in the comments...