Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Dallas, TX
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The moment I saw Tom Hank's New York place in the movie "Big", I've wanted to live in an urban loft. 20 years later, I got my wish. My tiny box is not big enough for a trampoline, but it does have high ceilings, concrete floors, and just the right amount of exposed brick. I love that I was able to mix soft fabric and furniture with the hard fixtures to create a really cozy home.
My second favorite thing is my downtown view! The building across the street was built in the 1920's and has a Deco façade, so all my windows frame interesting peeks into Texas' own Gotham.
My third favorite thing is the built-in washer and dryer.
My fourth favorite thing(s) are the deep shelves under my windows and above my kitchen cabinets. They are the perfect place for displaying my favorite photos of family and friends.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- I'd like to say storage, but I can't. All of my closets have 14ft ceilings with shelves all the way up. I take full advantage of that.
I'd say my biggest problem is where to put sleep over guests. I solved that by getting an oversized couch that I could remove the cushions off the back. When I convert it into a bed, it is almost the size of a full, and it works out perfectly.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- The first thing I would invest in if I won, is a big fluffy rug. The one I have now "works" but it isn't beautiful. The second thing I'd invest in is a great multi-surface vacuum. There's glitter on my floor that I can't seem to get out, and I can't see myself stopping crafting any time soon. If there is anything left over, I think I'd look into having someone build custom benches for under my windows that double up as storage (I'm sure I could find something to fill them with!).
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013