Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Lawrence, KS
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the green floor! Our bedroom is in the attic of a small bungalow-style home and one of our first projects when we moved in was ripping out the dark brown carpet. Underneath was a very low-quality wooden floor, so we had no reservations painting it. Most of the walls in our house are off-the-shelf âultra pure white,â so the green is a refreshing sea of color.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Iâm a firm believer in âa place for everything, and everything in its place,â especially when your loved ones might not be incredibly passionate about organization. This was particularly critical when we lived in an apartment only slightly larger than our current bedroom. Even though we "up-sized," we whittled down our belongings quite a bit in the move. Having mostly open storage makes it easy to resist collecting clutter. I also like to have a very restrained color palette, because the room still seems cohesive even when it gets messy.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Being in the attic, our bedroom gets really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter. So it is mostly reserved for sleeping and the occasional pug nap. To make the most of this large space, about half of the room is used as a closet and dressing area. In our previous apartment, we had to share a tiny closet and keep our shoes bungee corded to the wall. Here, we have the luxury of each having our own clothing rack and plenty of shelves for shoes (not pictured). Having our bedroom in the attic also allows us to use the two bedrooms on the main floor as offices.
See all entries