Candles are an easy way to add a little festive flair to your home. For the next few months, many of us will be utilizing candles, (starting off with tomorrow night's jack-o-lanterns!), so we thought it would be good to post a few reminders for safe candle usage. Here are 5 important tips from the National Candle Association:
- Always keep a burning candle within sight.
- Trim candlewicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning.
- Don't burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container.
- To prevent wax splattering, use a candle snuffer to extinguish.
- Extinguish a canlde if it smoeks, flickers repeatedly, or the flame becomes too high.
Of course, afterwards, there's always the issue of cleaning candle wax out of candle holders. If you have any good tips, please share in the comments!