Candles are an easy way to add a little festive flair to your home. For the next few months, many of us will be utilizing candles, (starting off with tomorrow night's jack-o-lanterns!), so we thought it would be good to post a few reminders for safe candle usage. Here are 5 important tips from the National Candle Association:
- Always keep a burning candle within sight.
- Trim candlewicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning.
- Don't burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container.
- To prevent wax splattering, use a candle snuffer to extinguish.
- Extinguish a canlde if it smoeks, flickers repeatedly, or the flame becomes too high.