Little girls are supposed to want ponies, but I never wanted a pony. As a child, I dreamed of having a canopy bed. I knew exactly what it would look like, too. I had one picked out in the JC Penney catalog, with an arched top and ruffly lavender curtains.
I never did get that bed, and now that I'm all grown my tastes have changed a little — but I still find myself drawn to canopy beds. These sleek, modern examples are sans lavender ruffles - but still plenty romantic just the same.
1. All white from House to Home.
2. Classic textures and modern shapes for a look that's timeless and clean. From Style at Home
3. A campaign canopy bed from C Magazine.
4. A mirrored four-poster reads just a bit feminine without being twee. From Design*Sponge.
5. A calm white four-poster from Better Homes and Gardens.
6. This unusual four-poster from Lyndsay and Fitzhugh's Summer Cottage in the City is hand-carved from beech wood.
7. Jonathan Adler's Parker Palm Springs.
8. Penny, Petra & Sydney's Gorgeous, Artful Home
9. Australian Vogue via Mark Tuckey
10. Four-poster + platform bed = perfection. From Space Furniture.
MORE CANOPY BEDS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• At-Home Escapes: Canopy Beds
• Favorite Canopy Beds: From Feminine Chic to Masculine
• Don't Call it a Comeback: Four Poster Beds
(Images: as credited above)