M10 hits stores. In the meantime, here's six things you can buy instead:
- Leica art: The quality and ingenuity of the Leica camera has been captured in a wide variety of artistic forms. This print from Gianmarco Magnani is beautiful in it's simplicity, just like the Leica itself.
- Leica strap: There's something slightly sacrilegious about attaching a Leica strap to any old camera, but if it will make you feel better, I say go for it. This Leica carrying strap is only $34.95.
- Photos taken with Leicas: Sure, this might seem slightly tortuous to some. But if you've been dreaming of a Leica, it's precisely because of the outstanding image quality. I like the idea of motivating myself to save money with a quality photo from another photographer. Next time I want to go on an online shopping spree, I'll look at this photographic skin from Shi Xuan Huang and think again.
- Wear a Leica: If you can't wear it around your neck, why not wear it on your shirt?
- Skin your phone: I'm increasingly impressed by the quality of photos taken by iPhones and other smartphones. Add apps to the equation and we've got a whole new world of digital photography before us. This iPhone skin seems like an appropriate recognition of this new movement.
- Hide another point and shoot: If you never take your other point and shoot out of this Leica C-Lux 3 case, maybe you can fool yourself too? For $64, it might be a worthwhile trick.