For those who rent, painting can often times be a hassle, no matter how many low voc options are out there, especially if you plan on staying for a year or less. It often seems that by the time you paint, clean it all up and get all your artwork hung that it's time to pack it back up again. If you're looking for a punch of color without paint, try a great rug, here's a few that fit a kid-friendly budget and look great doing it.
Top Row, Left To Right
• Chenille Rug: for $49 (on sale) from Urban Outfitters (available in 9 colors!)
• Contemporary Zebra: for $38-$137 from Rugs USA
• Tucker Stripe Rug: from $19.95 to $99.98 at Crate and Barrel
• Southwestern Area Rug: for $131 for an 8'x10' from Overstock
• African Suns Rug: for $68 from Urban Outfitters
Bottom Row, Left To Right
• Persian Style Bamboo Rug: for $51.99 for a 5'x8' from Overstock
• Surya Seventeen Flirty Collection FLT4: from $50-$500 from Overstock
• Faux Flokati Rug Collection: for $69.99 for 6'9' from Target (available in 8 colors)
• Thomas O'Brien Fretwork Rug: for $34.98 - $59.99 from Target
• Home Trends Vine Rug: for $130 for an 8'x10' from Walmart
Note: Many rug specific sites offer coupons if you sign up for their email list. Even if you're not into that sort of thing, the opportunity to save 40% off a floor covering is always in style!
Related Good Questions: Are Flokati Rugs Baby-Friendly?
(Images: Target, Walmart, Crate and Barrel, Rugs USA, Overstock, Urban Outfitters)