If you are thinking of ways to start decorating your child's room and are daunted by the white walls, start with a large, colorful statement rug! The rug can be the starting point of adding color to a neutral palette. Check out some of these rooms that do this very thing and pay attention to the way each room builds layers of color and texture in order to create a pulled-together look.
- This rug in Isabella's room packs a colorful, geometric punch.
- The rug in the home of Andrea Duclos creates a bohemian and cozy feel for her daughter's room.
- This large black and white striped rug from Arden's Room gives this room a very modern look. The dots on the walls were created using file folder stickers.
- The 'Hipster Tidal Wave' rug in Lulu's room stands out for its round shape and mesmerizing wave pattern.
- This bold Union Rug provides a focal point and contrast to the other brightly color items in this nursery from Lay Baby Lay.
- This sweet nursery from Chic Deco is enhanced by the colorful ball rug from Alfrombas de Bolas.
- The use of a black and white cow hide in Wyatt's nursery provides a dramatic and stylish contrast to the playful wall art.
- This colorful pinwheel rug adds to the fun factor of this vibrant toddler room from Oh Joy. Joy used a large circle cutter and gold metallic paper to make the gold decals for the walls.
- The multi-colored rug in this room mirrors the various colors the banners hanging above.
- This fun rug from Target lends Malcolm's room a touch of the safari with style.
(Image credits: Lindsey Nochta; Hannah Mayo; Reichel Broussard; Souris Hong-Porretta; Lay Baby Lay; Max Attenborough; Whitney Johnson; Oh Joy; Skona Hem; Christine Dovey)