Trompe l'oeil is a french phrase for "trick of the eye." In design terms it means using extremely realistic imagery to create an optical illusion that make the artwork appear 3-D. This is most often done with screen printing, and the result can create everything from an industrial look to something more French Renaissance. Here's a Roundup of trompe l'oeil pieces that will have guests doing a double take.
• 1 Duvet Cover and Sheets from Dutch by Design.
• 2 Curtain Room Divider Bauke Knottnerus
• 3 Chair Pads by Vanessa Su
• 4 Door Rug by Maison Martin Margiela
• 5 Bookshelf Cabinet from Swedish Design Company Front
• 6 Toilet Paper inspired Wallpaper from Toilet Spirit
• 7, 8 Flip-out Wall Seating by Dutch designer Egbert-Jan Lam