Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Carlos & April
- Alhambra, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- When we first considered downsizing, we never dreamed such a budget friendly rental property existed in our L.A. suburb. Tacked onto the back of a 1910 California Bungalow and on half an acre of virtually un-lanscaped forest, we set up house in our quirky-cozy, tiny apartment in the trees. We love the history of the home (Norman Rockwell is rumored to have painted in the studio above while on retreat) and the large casement windows that drench us in morning light and bring the outdoors in. The clever floorplan gives the illusion of space and the farm sink and clawfoot tub add such charm!
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- We've learned to look upwards and keep the floor space as clear as possible (thank you, Apartment Therapy!). This is especially helpful when two enormous Maine Coons and/or a Siberian Husky are always underfoot! The apartment had very little storage so we decided to invest in installing open cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom, and since the bedroom closet was tiny, we installed our own in an existing nook. In order to allow for a more open living area, our conventional dining table was replaced with a huge picnic table just outside our kitchen window so we can still entertain with ease!
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- If we win I would loooove to use the prize money to invest in a couple of apartment-sized sofas like the Petrie from Crate & Barrel or a compact gray one from Fashion for Home.
Oh...and we could actually finish the retaining wall and side patio projects that have been placed on hold!
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013