- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the gray color of my walls and the vaulted ceiling --it gives off a light and airy feeling in my studio. One of my favorite nooks is a seating area in front of my bay windows, giving a spectacular view of the city. As my design is "modern chic," it was a fun challenge for me to achieve it in my 1913 building.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) I cut out ideas from design magazines and home furnishing catalogs. I put all of my cut-outs in a portfolio binder so that all my ideas were in one place. This helped me understand my style better, and stay on track with it.
2) Try to do some lighter colored or clear furniture pieces if you can. It'll give the illusion of a larger space. I chose some clear nesting tables from CB2, and they are fabulous.
3) I'm not a fan of clutter, so storage with style was a must. I have two stylish ottomans from Target that have storage inside. Not to mention the extra seating is great for company.
More posts in Small Cool 2014
ATVideo of the Day