- Minneapolis, MN
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The location and character of my small home is what first made it so appealing to me. Located in the warehouse district of Minneapolis, my apartment used to be the home of the International Harvester Company. Brick walls, high ceilings, and large windows facing the other warehouses and downtown make the view something that feels really special. I love coming home and bringing friends to my small home. Although it is small, the entertaining space and large window make it a great place to have friends and family.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- I think the one challenge with a small space is always storage. When moving into my small space I definitely started to think about purchases and living a bit more simply. The high ceilings allow for vertical storage and with bookshelves, cupboards and shelves, everything has a place in my small space. Also taking advantage of the vertical space seems to make the apartment feel bigger than it is while adding a coziness.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- Art is always something that I wish I had extra money to spend on to make my small space feel even more special. I would also invest in some nicer frames for the artwork I have around the apartment right now! The other thing I would love is a new area rug. There are so many beautiful options and I think it would give my space a new feel without changing too much.
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day