Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Philadelphia, PA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- Our Bedroom gets the best light of any room of the house. In the morning the sun comes streaming in (especially if we leave the shades cracked a bit) and we can welcome the new day. It is a sunny, serene, and comfortable place to sleep, read a book, and languish in bed on a Sunday morning.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I tried to keep my palette pretty neutral with a nice cool gray on the walls (BM Wickham Gray) and white bedding and wood furniture. There are small pops of color, but overall, its neutral and calming. The key to organizing (and keeping things tidy on a daily basis) is to really take the time to make sure that everything has its place. Extra hooks in closets or on wall, trays and bowls on top of the dresser to keep jewelry and nick nacks at bay and the fact that we each have our own closet doesn't hurt either.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I tried to create a space in our bedroom that's not just for sleeping, but is still relaxing. The upholstered chair by the window is a great spot to read or just watch the world go by out the window. The matching bench between the two windows can easily be pulled over to be used as an ottoman.
See all entries