Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Watertown, MA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I saw the wall color in a home of a client's and knew I had to have this color in my bedroom because it has such a calming, peaceful feel. The Sticky Weed stencil from the Stencil Library, has always been a favorite of mine. I wanted to feel like I was falling asleep and waking up in a forest of these flowers, so stenciled them on the headboard wall, wrapping them around onto the two adjacent walls.
- Colors used in my room
- A very pale blue green (Ben Moore's Quiet Moments) for the base color of the walls; white with pearlescent highlights for the stenciled flowers; yellow, white, gray and tan accents. A pop of color with the distressed blue chair.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Don't settle for colors in your home that do not make you smile when you walk into each room. Think outside of the box. It's only paint, you can always repaint if you find it does not work for you.
- Field of Fennel
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2012