This month you've been privy to the dream spaces of a number of Apartment Therapy writers, and while one's budget is obviously a crucial component in designing a space, sometimes an "if-money-were-no-object" fantasy can help you settle on a look or find inspiration that you can then channel into a more practical execution.
While my tastes generally lean toward the bright and patterned, my fantasy kitchen is rather more understated. Carrera marble countertops seem luxurious and practical for a stress-baker like me, and images of a La Cornue range are sufficient to inspire lofty dreams of choux pastry and soufflés. The spacious farmhouse sink would be ideal for washing all those extra-large baking sheets.
While fantasy designing can sometimes seem impractical (as much as I would love a white sofa, I know that doggie paws would make mincemeat of it), but you should still feel free to let your mind roam. I would certainly never be so bold as to place a Madeline Weinrib rug in line of fire for food spills and wine drips, but the colors and pattern could be inspiration for a more practical indoor/outdoor rug like these (1, 2, 3, 4).
1. Carrera marble countertops (Image via Hill Country Granite)
2. Kohler Whitehaven sink with tall apron in white, $1090
3. KitchenAid Stand Mixer in Bayleaf, $499.99
4. Sea Gull Lighting Three Light Pendant in Brushed Nickel, $64
5. Madeline Weinrib Steel Lolita Cotton Flatweave Rug
6. Bonjour Adele Glass Teapot, $49.99
7. La Cornue CornuFé 110 range
8. Cut Flowers Serving Tray, $36.00
MORE DREAM KITCHENS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Regina's Rustic-with-Bling Kitchen
• A House Divided: My Husband's Dream Kitchen
• Eleanor's Industrial Warmth
• An Earthy Cook's Dream Kitchen
• Andie's Quirky Kitchen
• A Bright, Graphic Kitchen with Neon Pops
• Chris' Techno-Modern Chef's Kitchen
• Abby's Rental Kitchen Redo
(Images: as credited above)