Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Hoboken, NJ
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the high ceiling and stature of our bedroom. I also love the original woodwork and period details in the crown moldings, ceiling medallion, fireplace, pocket doors with etched glass, parlor mirror and window shutters.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I always value a good night's sleep. For me, the bedroom has to be relaxing and comfortable with little or no reminders of anything stressful. TVs, computers, electronic devices, paperwork, clutter - all these keep you in an anxious state of mind. I try to keep these away, especially at night. Restful lighting. Aromatherapy.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- When my husband and I moved that sofa from our living room into the bedroom, we were just giving it a temporary place while I set it up for sale on Craigslist. It has since been greatly appreciated and enjoyed. We have breakfast in it while listening to the morning news on the radio. Drenched in natural light, we find it perfect for reading, playing music, tea, coffee, napping, or just snuggling and catching up. Looks like we have found the perfect place for it. And it is staying, indefinitely.
See all entries