catabove.com Location: Wilmington, NC Price Point: $89
View all the design pics here"As a volunteer with a cat rescue group in the past five years, I have spent every Sunday helping cat lovers adopt a cat." "The cats and kittens at the adoption center love to lounge in their hammocks, which hang in their cages. Visitors have asked where they could buy such a hammock for their own cats. Alas, these hammocks can only hang in a cage! I set out to design a sturdy cat hammock that would look good even in the living room. Other design goals: assemble in seconds without tools, quickly take it apart for storage and travel, ship it flat." HOME/STUDIO TOUR
Two members of my focus group by the sewing machine.
My sewing machine used to sew the hammock slings.
My neighbor Steve's workshop where the wood frames are made.FAVORITE DESIGNER & FAVORITE DESIGN
For a favorite design and designer, I chose a Usonia home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The Usionia homes were built with "green" features long before green was used to designate environmentally friendly designs. The Usonia home has a passive solar design and concrete floors with radiant heat. • View Tamar's original entry with comments • Design Showcase 2010 Judges • Go to 2010 Design Showcase Main Page
VOTING ON ALL 6 FINALISTS BEGINS WED., 9/29 at 11:30 am EST
- 3 finalist entries will be posted on Monday, 9/27 (no voting yet)
- 3 more finalist entries will be posted on Tuesday, 9/28 (no voting yet)
- VOTING BEGINS on Wednesday, 9/29 at 11:30 am EST with an announcement
- VOTING CLOSES on Friday, 10/1 at 5:00 pm EST
- Two winners will be chosen: 1 judge favorite and 1 crowd favorite
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED on Friday