Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Washington, DC
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love incorporating sentimental things that remind me of home or family (like pics of my mom or places/events, my sister's art, tree branches from my parent's back yard, or the deer antlers). They are the first and last things that I see every day, and they bring me happiness.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Since the room is incredibly small (12 X 9.5), there's a fine line between having a serene and peaceful room and having an over-decorated claustrophobic room. I try to keep things to a minimum and avoid clutter. Collect images and ideas from places like apartmenttherapy (obviously), kellywearstler, elledecor,theselby,favorite movie/show sets, etc, and expand on them as you go. Never try to buy an entire room's worth of furniture/decor from one place (unless you want your room to look like the catalog). Get a feeling for the room and gradually expand on it with time. Your personal style will shine through.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Even though I work from home, I'm happy that my bedroom provides separation between work and relaxation. I make it a point to keep my bedroom free of work so I know there's always a place to escape it.
See all entries