As sister companies, CB2 and Crate & Barrel often have similar aesthetics — one's meant to be a little younger, hipper, and cheaper than the other, but they're both modern and affordable. While C&B's holiday catalog dwarfs CB2's, they each have a retro "glam and glitzy" feel this year.
C&B's is more colorful and there are some great new pink, red, and purple pieces from Marimekko, while CB2 seems to be sticking with a mostly White Christmas theme, which is a little disappointing. Some of the textiles and tabletop in the Crate and Barrel catalog seem new and refreshing, but CB2's mirrored garlands, disco ball ornaments, and glass candlesticks are a bit of a yawn-fest.
Which do you prefer for the holidays? Are you a fan of clean and classic white, or are you into colorful decorations?
• To see the full CB2 Holiday 2010 Catalog, click here.
• To see the full Crate & Barrel Holiday 2010 Catalog, click here.
CB2 2010 HOLIDAY DECOR
• Astro Ornaments
• Peace Dove Ornament
• Angel Trees
, $50 and Mirror Garland
• 6-Piece Lumi Gift Set
• Disco Ball Ornaments
CRATE & BARREL 2010 HOLIDAY DECOR
• Marimekko Fandango Tablecloth
• Jewel-Toned Fiona Stockings
• Red Coupe Dinnerware
, $102 and Marimekko Taikamylly Tablecloth
• Mini Multi Ornaments
, $20 for 10
• Silver Menorah
MORE HOLIDAY SNEAK PEEKS 2010
• Marimekko's Pink and Purple Holiday Haze
• Anthropologie's Animal Themed Boho Christmas
• Silver & Gold at Pottery Barn
• IKEA Goes Red, White, & Blue
• West Elm Holiday Collection by David Stark