Chalkboard walls are not only functional and fun for a kitchen, but can also be used in a home office, a dining room, and a kid's room. As much as I love technology and managing my calendars and to-do lists electronically, I do still enjoy the nostalgia of school chalkboards and writing out my lists. Recently, I visited a friend who used the chalkboard wall in her office to write out her list of tasks for the day.
As I dream about painting one wall in my kitchen with chalkboard paint, I thought about the most practical and fun uses for chalkboard walls in different rooms in the home.
- Kitchen: Grocery List, Recipes, Menu, To Do List, Calendar, Love Notes, Important Phone Numbers, Phone Messages
- Living Room: Chalk Art, Poems, Quotes
- Dining Room: Menu, Recipes, Drawings
- Kid's Room: Math problems, Drawings, Notes to Mom, Homework, Chore List
- Office: To Do List, Calendar, Office Supply List, Conceptual Sketches, Phone Numbers
What are some of your creative ways for using a chalkboard wall?
Images: Amanda Prior, Liz Ham and Max Kater, Shepard Fairey, Gavin Jackson/Arcaid, Jonathan Player The New York Times, Wee Baby Stuff, Designsigh
MORE CHALKBOARD WALLS
• Hot Trend: A Chalkboard Paint Explosion!
• How To: Make a Chalkboard Fridge Like Danny Seo's
• How To: Paint Over a Chalkboard Wall
• How To: Make Your Own Chalkboard Paint
• How To: Kitchen Chalkboard Wall