Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Southport, CT
- Inspiration for my palette:
- Blue and green are simply my favorite colors! The bright colors on the upholstered chair inspired me to pull the red for the chevron chairs and a pair of side tables. (I love the combination of bright red and turquoise blue...)
- Colors used in my room
- The colors were all pulled from the first chair that I had reupholstered with a vibrant floral: robins egg blues, pale greens, hits of red and brass accessories. Specific paint colors are Benjamin Moore Folk Art on the wall, Rustoleum Apple Red on the chevron chairs, and Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Gray on the loveseat.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Continuity and flow. If YOU love the colors then make it work... Keep a rhythm in the space to help balance the colors: a bright pillow here, and a bold picture frame there. As long as the color can relate to another area in the space, it will come together and work. Just go for it! It's only design...what's the worst that can happen? I think color makes people nervous, but it can always be changed or moved or tweaked, so take a gamble and mix that orange with that fuchsia.
- Refreshing Blues and Greens (With a Touch of Red)
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2013