Whether you go big, keep it small, or land somewhere in the middle, weddings are expensive. It seems like every time you turn around someone is asking for money, or you're having to pick up yet another "one last thing" to make the day complete. The seemingly endless outpouring of money is enough to drive you crazy at times! Sometimes it's nice to step back and remind yourself that weddings are about love, the love of a couple who is pledging their lives to one another and the love of the family and friends who are there in support. Wedding favors are a simple way of thanking family and friends for their love and support on your big day. Here are ten handmade favors that won't stress your wedding budget.
1. Green Wedding Shoes shares a fun tutorial (and free printable!) for flavored hot cocoa favors.
2. Oh Happy Day's pretty floral pics add a touch of spring style to simple glassine bags.
3. 100 Layer Cake fashions feather boutonnieres from fabric, a perfect little gift to make wedding guests feel special.
4. Personalized matchbooks are both a cute and useful favor. From Style Me Pretty.
5. Tea bags in pretty mini-envelopes are perfect for relaxing after the party is over. From Once Wed.
6. Martha Stewart cleverly combines favors and decor with tiny floral arrangements that do double duty as centerpieces.
7. Style Me Pretty takes two inexpensive grocery staples and turns them into a special homemade favor.
8. Real Simple shares this adorable favor that's also a delicious late night snack.
9. A tiny pie is a tasty, and assuredly appreciated, gift after a wedding celebration. I would probably have to break into this one before getting all the way home! From Green Wedding Shoes.
10. Ruffled uses inexpensive (sometimes free) paint stir sticks to create these personalized keychains that double as escort cards.
(Image credits: Green Wedding Shoes; Oh Happy Day; 100 Layer Cake; Style Me Pretty; Once Wed; Martha Stewart; Style Me Pretty; Real Simple; Green Wedding Shoes; Ruffled)