Here’s an easy DIY craft for you: grab some leaves from the backyard, whip out some craft paint or thread, and go to town. If your budget doesn't allow for buying store-bought decorations, this is a cheap alternative that do-able and fun.
- Alisa Burke painted a series of leaves, then strung them up as festive garland.
- Try painting leaves still on the branch, for a great centerpiece like Rachael's.
- Or, simply tape up a collection of leaves like Elsie Marley did.
- Socks officially knocked off by this crocheted leaf from Susanna Bauer. Visit her website for lots more.
- For a sophisticated look, Elena Nuez used a restrained, earthy color palette when she hand-painted a pile.
- Gabee Meyer went more playful with brighter colors. Via Josloft.
- Our very own Sarah Dobbins marbleized a bunch of leaves, then created a festive branch centerpiece.
- Alisa Burke also fashioned a seasonal wreath from some metallic painted leaves.
- Kristen shared some abstract, painterly leaves that read thoroughly modern.
- Last but not least, Sarah & Emily contributed these glittery leaves, which they hung vertically. They used fake leaves, but there’s no reason real ones shouldn’t work.
(Image credits: Alisa Burke; Love From Ginger; Elsie Marley; Susanna Bauer; Elena Nuez; Gabee Meyer; Sarah Dobbins; Alisa Burke; Bla Bla Kids; 6th Street Design School)