Winter is the perfect time for crafting, but it is not the perfect time to go traipsing from store to store searching for craft supplies, your brain too frozen to remember what you were looking for in the first place. So stay home, order the essentials, and get cozy and crafty...
Here are some of our favorite online resources for craft supplies.
2. Oriental Trading Company: So much absolutely essential stuff (glow-in-the-dark sticky eyes! Plush chocolate bunny garland! So many tiara options!) as well as tons of fun craft supplies, plus reasonable shipping rates.
4. Plaid: Can anyone explain why it's so hard to obtain Martha Stewart Craft supplies? I get all excited about her new Jewelry Enamel Paint or some such thing, and then find it's only available in-store at Michael's....or online at Plaid!
5. Purl: Although Purl focuses on the textile arts, there are plenty of great supplies even if you're not a knitter: pom pom trim, pom pom makers, and lots of fun ribbons (Neon! Fringe! Jumbo rickrack!).
6. Paper Source: I am always grateful Paper Source exists because it is the place to go for beautiful basics. The plain paper, notecards, and envelopes are always reasonably priced, and check out their clearance section and coupon codes for additional savings.
7. Bell'occhio: Home of the most charming ribbons, tags, and vintage French cards. Not cheap, but very special.