- Check every room, closet and cabinet to be sure you have everything with you.
- Note the meter readings for electricity or other utilities as necessary.
- Consider leaving a note with your new address so the next residents can forward any mail that slips through to your old address.
- Make sure, if you've hired movers, that they have the correct information to get to your new residence.
- Only after all of this is done, lock up and leave the keys with with whomever is responsible for them for the next residents.
Image: Moving Day, 20"x30" oil painting by Nick Patten