My favorite time of the year is finally upon us. Now that we're past Halloween it's time to start planning for parties. And what's a party without a well stocked bar? Whether you have space for a rolling bar coat or you set up your drink supplies on your kitchen counter top, there are some basics that will make your party easier and more enjoyable. From ice buckets to corkscrews, I've rounded up some of our barware shopping guides to help you get stocked in style...
BAR BASICS & ESSENTIALS
• Best Corkscrews & Wine Openers 2012 Oh, there will be wine! And if there's wine, you'll need an opener.
• Celebrate in Style: 10 Simple and Beautiful Champagne Flutes Now that you've popped the cork, you'll need glasses!
• Basic Bar Essential: Cocktail Shakers Shake it up, baby! Whether you're shaking martinis or mixing margaritas, the sound of a cocktail shaker will get your guests' attention.
• Best Ice Buckets 2012 You can use it to keep wine chilled or for keeping ice out for your guests. Either way, an ice bucket is a party must have.
• 10 Terrific Trays Great for corralling all your barware, you can also use a tray for a serving your guests.
• Party On: Cloth Cocktail Napkins Perfectly sized for holding while clutching a glass but still large enough to cradle an hors d'oeuvres or two, these cloth napkins are a greener way to entertain.
• 15 Round Bar Carts: Serving in Style Perfect for small spaces, many of these little carts are on casters. Warning: Do not drive the bar cart after a few cocktails.
• Best Bar Stools & Counter Stools 2012 If you're fortunate enough to have a full sized bar or a kitchen island, let your guests take a load off in a bar stool.
• High & Low: Bar Cart Accessories If money's no object, check out these high end bar accessories. For those more budget minded, there are gorgeous budget options as well.
DIY BAR PROJECTS
• DIY Industrial Bar Cart
• DIY Trunk to Rolling Bar Project
• A DIY Concrete Block Planter & Bar
• The DIY LED Backlit Bar
• A Well Stocked Bar: Ideas and Inspiration
Image: John's New York City Interior with a California Garden House Tour