Last year we took a look at children's rooms grouped into Apartment Therapy's eight decor styles. We're doing it again, this time with a whole new crop! The "Happy Modern" style is a go-to for children's spaces. Bright, peppy, and very up-to-the minute, these rooms are the perfect backdrop for many fun years ahead. Click through to see some of our recent favorites.
1. Charley's Colorful Play Space utilizes bands of black and white on the walls and a red rug to ground a colorful array of toys and art.
2. Baby H's Labor of Love - Mint green, dark orange and spots of canary yellow? Sign us up. The palette here is gorgeous.
3. A Neutral Nursery with a Pop of Orange - Don't want to fully commit? Add a vivid accent wall, and bring in pattern with your textiles.
4. Avery's Colorful Closet Nook - Speaking of accent walls, Avery's little nook uses them to the fullest - one is coral, one is brown, and the rug? Grass green.
5. Edie's Charley Harper "Birds and Words" Nursery - Edie's room takes off in flight with inspiration from the wonderful artist Charley Harper.
6. Lucy's Alexander Girard Inspired Nursery: Another artistic nursery, lucky little Lucy gets to look at Alexander Girard everywhere! Matisse too.
7. Ezra's Room from The Beahm's Dot House is oh so retro chic. Painted drawers, anyone?
8. Rose's Modern Graphic Abode - A propos of her name, red is the happy color of choice here, but typical Scandinavian restraint and a careful selection keeps it from overwhelming the space.
9. Sheldon's Colorful Modern Nursery - A not neutral cars rug, mural from The Giving Tree, and graphic Artecnica mobile? What more could one little boy ask for?
10. Claire's Big Girl Restyle unifies disparate elements with a like-minded palette of jewel tones against a clean white wall. The much beloved IKEA Expedit and Eames rocker are put to good use here.
For more inspiration, check out last year's roundup Cheerful Children's Rooms: A Look At "Happy Modern"
(Images: as credited in their original posts)