We indulged last weekend in one of our favorite online pastimes, the sometimes-catty, always-amusing fashion coverage of the Emmys. Apparently a few actresses (we're leaving names out) happened to wear dresses sporting a particularly strong shade of yellow, hilariously compared to the same yellow hue of chemical hazmat suits.
Maybe it's just because we already miss "Breaking Bad," but as soon as we were reminded this shade of yellow has a chemical connection, we were tickled and re-interested in it. As abrasive as the chemicals the suits are designed to protect against, this hue has another thing in common with a hazmat suit: it's effective.
Bold and arresting to the eyes, if you want something to stand out, use this hue to do it. Best when paired with spaces that don't have a lot else going on (all white and all black rooms need apply) but don't be afraid to use this yellow shade in wilder, more surface-covering ways. Here are ten accessories to bring in a little cool and chemical yellow into your space:
1) Yellow Angle table lamp 2.0 by Workroom $660
2) Jamaica Yellow Appetizer Plate $2.95
3) PAFFUTA chair by Luca Nichetto
4) Vintage Mustard Yellow Platter Plate $18
5) Gaffer Decanter Set $248
6) Missprint Mountains Wallpaper Sunrise £59.95
7) Perch Table Lamp $69
8) Fleece Flounce Pillow $118
9) Flensted Mobiles Flowing Rhythm Yellow $54
10) 'The End' bookend $14.95