Blame it on the artist in me, but I've always had a thing for fancy paper and pretty pens. And whether you're strapped for cash or just looking to get some extra bonus points from your loved one — I don't know how anybody could conceivably go wrong with a love letter. Here are a few cute kits, books and tips to help you express your feelings in a meaningful way this Valentine's Day. It's sure to be a gift that will be cherished by the special one in your life for years to come.
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:
1. Be it sentimental or with a touch of humor, express your sentiments in style this year with an old-fashioned calligraphy kit. Love Letter Kit by Linea Carta, Terrain, $36.
2. What says love better than a letter sealed in red wax? This red & white striped murano glass wax seal kit can add a wax heart or rose to finish off your envelope.Valentine Designs Wax Seal Gift Set w/ Murano Glass Handle, Nostalgic Impressions, $24.95.
3. If writing isn't your specialty, try consulting Margaret Shepherd's book. This author is making it a point to not let us forget the art of the handwritten note! The Art of the Personal Letter: A Guide to Connecting Through the Written Word by Margaret Shepherd, Amazon, $10.88.
4. Who doesn't love anything that's itty-bitty or miniature? From tiny packages to mini letters and cards, the World's Smallest Post Office has you covered. The World's Smallest Post Service, Leafcutter Designs, price varies.
5. Running late or low on money? Etsy's How-Tuesday post will show you how to whip up your own adorable message in a bottle with instructions from Miniature Rhino.
(Images: As linked above.)